My vision for this card was actually totally different than how it turned out. Sometimes that happens… what I thought would work just doesn’t work. The butterflies are all popped up from the card with a mini glue dot, so it’s really pretty in person – especially with the glittery Stickles I used. The butterfly stamp is from Stampin’ Up!’s summer mini catalog (which is unfortunately no longer available). But, you could really use just about any butterfly stamp. It measures about 1 inch high and 1 3/4 inches wide.
I used Copic markers for the coloring. They blend amazingly well – it really adds so much dimension. If you don’t have Copics, I would recommend using a blender pen with ink, or just plain old colored pencils.
Is the video blocked in your country due to music rights? You can see an audio-swapped version here.
- Stampin’ Up! All a Flutter Stamp
- Papertrey Ink White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Basic Black Cardstock
- Hero Arts Thinking of You Stamp Set
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Ranger Ice Stickles
- Stampin’ Up! Basic Black Marker
- Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
- 3/8 in White Satin Ribbon
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dots
- Copic Sketch Markers:
- B21 – Sky
- B24 – Baby Blue
- BV01 – Viola
- BV04 – Blue Berry (this is the dark purple)
- G12 – Sea Green
- G14 – Apple Green
- Y15 – Cadmium Yellow