I’ve noticed several people cutting elements out of patterned paper to use on their card. I’ve never really been a huge fan of that – it almost feels like cheating – I can’t explain why. But, for this card, I did it. And I like it!
I also used heat embossing with my Souffle 3D opaque pens on the “hi” message. These pens are very, very cool. All you do is put a little pressure on the paper with the pen and the opaque ink flows out. The embossed outline contains the ink in the area. I bought these pens at JoAnn’s, but I think they sell them at most craft stores.
I also used the Making Memories Ribbon Slot Punch Tool. I normally use my Stampin’ Up! slot punch, but it only punches at the edge of the paper. This tool is great because you can punch your slot wherever you want it – and it comes in all different sizes.
Hope you enjoy the video – I’ll be posting another one in a few days!
- Stampin’ Up! Sprinkles Stamp Set
- Autumn Leaves Stampology Girl Power Alpha Clear Stamp Set
- MAMBI patterned paper
- Stampin’ Up! Bashful Blue Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Basic Black Classic Ink
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Black Embossing Powder
- Souffle Opaque 3D Markers by Sakura
- 5/8 inch Black Satin Ribbon
- Making Memories Ribbon Slot Punch Tool
- Stampin’ Up! Mat Pack (cutting mat for slot punch tool)
- Miscellaneous Buttons
- Stampin’ Up! 3/16 inch Glue Dots