I love this new Hero Arts background stamp I got. I normally like my cards very clean with some empty space on them. I tend to avoid cards that are full of “stuff”… lots of patterns and accessories. But I’ve recently diverged from this style ever so slightly. I have less empty space, but I always try to keep an important concept in mind: ONE FOCAL AREA. When you create a card, make sure there is one single place that the viewer’s eye will go to. If you have competing focal points, it’s less appealing to the eye. I made the background stamp white so that my main focal area is the butterfly. I think this stamp would be great as a Versamark tone-on-tone background.
Anyway, this card is really simple. If you don’t have this stamp, you could stamp several flowers that hang off the card. I love this song and I thought the music was perfect for this card. Have a great weekend and enjoy the video!
Is the video blocked in your country due to music rights? You can see an audio-swapped version here.
- Stampin’ Up! Basic Gray Cardstock
- PaperTrey Ink White Cardstock
- Hero Arts Dandelion Frame Cling Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Flight of the Butterfly Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Happy Moments Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Inks
- Stampin’ Up! White Embossing Powder
- Versamark Dazzle Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Pretty in Pink 3/8 in Taffeta Ribbon
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dots