I thought it was about time for an owl card. I can’t believe I ever doubted buying this punch! Did you notice I added a subject in the top menu called “Owls & Animals”? All of my owl cards show up in this list.
This card was actually really simple to make. The card base is 5 1/2″ x 12″. I scored it at 2″, 4″, 8″, and 10″, so the final folded card is 5 1/2″ x 4″. The winged owls fly up and the owl in the middle stays on the branch when you open it. I didn’t do a lot of fancy embossing and coloring on the card – just some basic stamping and coloring. I used some masking for the sky to make the clouds.
One thing I should mention is that I went back and added more color and lines to the cupcakes after the video – they just seemed a little too bland to me. I also added Stickles to the birthday hat to make it more festive. Hope you like. 🙂
In other news, the Stampin’ Up! retirement lists were released this morning. I always have mixed feelings about these lists – so sad to see some of the items go, but then excited about what new products will be coming out. You can view a PDF of the retired stamps and a PDF of the retired accessories. There is supposed to be a sortable Excel version of each, but there is a problem with it. When it’s fixed, I will post here. What’s notable in my mind? These:
- Um, both stamps I used on the card today, Itty Bitty Bits and Up, Up & Away. Plus, Elements of Style, the set I used last week with the flowers and hummingbird!! How distressing is that?
- I’m crushed over this one: Snow Swirled. I used this on three years worth of Christmas cards!
- The Ornament punch and coordinating stamp set, Delightful Decorations. The punch is on sale for 25% off.
- Two of my favorite background stamps: Distressed Dots and Netting.
- The Build a Blossom punch and coordinating stamp set, Build a Blossom. The punch is on sale for 40% off.
- Circle Circus – I use this set to create scrapbook paper patterns all the time.
- The cute little Confetti set. It’s just so perfect for something subtle in the background.
- And, of course, don’t forget the color refresh. All associated cardstock, ink pads, and reinkers are retiring.
Thank goodness, the Owl Punch is here to stay for at least another year!
The retired items are only available until June 3rd, or until supplies last in some cases. Many of the retiring accessories are on sale. If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, please consider ordering from my sister’s store. 20% of all orders go to Foster Kids Charity.
Okay, enough of all that. Enjoy the video and have a great week!
Note: If you are reading this post in an email, you’ll need to click on the post title above (“Wednesday’s Card”) to go to my blog and play the video.
- Hero Arts Trees, Birds, and Messages
- My Favorite Things Say What
- Stampin’ Up! Itty Bitty Shapes Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Up, Up & Away Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Pumpkin Pie
- Stampin’ Up! Two Step Owl Punch
- Stampin’ Up! 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Paper Piercer
- Stampin’ Up! Scoreboard
- Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Bone Folder