I felt like it was about time to break out my owl punch again for something fun. I can’t believe I ever doubted buying this punch! The recipient of the card twists the owl so that it fits within the rectangular box and opens the card. The turning mechanism is really quite simple – a brad between two glued owls.
I also used a new product from the Stampin’ Up! holiday catalog called “Core’dinations” cardstock. The inside of the paper (the “core”) is a different color, so when you sand it, a new color appears. Hardly new – just new to Stampin’ Up!. That’s how I created the tree grain.
Oh! I also used something called Sparkly Fluff on the owl belly and the wings of the owl inside. It’s flock with sparkle in it. I tried it using glue and also using tape runner. The tape runner gave the fluff a more even application. The glue made it sort of lumpy. In the video I used glue but then redid it with tape runner after the video (which is what is show in the pic above).
Enjoy and have a great week!!
Note: If you are reading this post in an email, you’ll need to click on the post title above (“Wednesday’s Card”) to go to my blog and play the video.
- Stampin’ Up! Up, Up & Away Stamp Set
- My Favorite Things “Say What?” Stamp and Die Set
- Stampin’ Up! Core’dinations Cardstock, Early Espresso
- Neenah Solar White
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip
- Stampin’ Up! Two Step Owl Punch
- 1 1/4″ Square Punch
- Stampin’ Up! 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Pierce Mat
- Sanding Block
- Stampin’ Up! Paper Piercer
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Texture Fades Embossing Folder
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig