Sizzix just came out with some new pop-up dies. When you look at them, they are pretty simple to replicate without the die. Granted, the die will also cut the image that will be popping up for you (in my case the critters), but why not just have a simple box that you can adhere anything to? I’ve created a few other pop-ups before if you want to check them out: Two Owl Versions (Simple & Advanced) and Loads of Love.
With this one, I made the inside card smaller than the outside (by trimming the sides and die-cutting the pretty edge), which made it easier to adhere together. I used all Penny Black stamps on this one. Aren’t those little critters so cute? The stamp set with the flag is called Sweet Wishes and is awesome because there are several options for the message.
In Stampin’ Up! news, the new Holiday mini-catalog order period starts TODAY! There are some really pretty holiday stamps with matching dies. I donate 20% of every order (the demonstrator commission) to Foster Kids Charity, so please help me support these children by ordering through my sister’s store. You can view the catalog online HERE.
Anyway, I am off to Colorado again with my girls next week! Poor hubby has to stay home and work. I’m glad to be getting away from Dallas because we have had a few West Nile Virus deaths (right in the next zip code!) from the horrible mosquitoes. I won’t even let my kids in the backyard. If they go anywhere, I spray them with Deet, which I hate, but I love my kids more. And of course the heat is unbearable this time of year. The high today is supposed to be 108!
So, I will be taking next week off. Yikes! I hate taking a week off. I’ll miss you (I’m not kidding), but I’ll be back the following week!
Note: If you are reading this post in an email, you’ll need to click on the post title above (“Wednesday’s Card”) to go to my blog and play the video.
- Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Ink
- Stampin’ Up! markers: Basic Black and Real Red
- VersaFine Black Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Sketch Markers: E13, E21, E27 (left critter); E41, E43, E44 (right critter); BV00, BV01, BV04 (cupcake wrapper); Y11, Y15, Y17 (cupcake cake, yellow balloon and crown); RV13, R29 (cherry); C1 (cupcake frosting and table shading); R81, R83, R85 (pink balloon and party hat); RV13, R24, R29 (red balloon); E31, E34 (flagpole).
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Paper Piercer
- Stampin’ Up! Adorning Accents Edgelit Dies
- Stampin’ Up! Adorning Accents Matching Embossing Folders
- Marvy Liquid Applique – White
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Up! Two-Way Glue Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dots
- Eclipse Masking Tape