I guess since last week’s card was kinda simple, I felt like doing something a little more complicated this week. I was actually searching for a different kind of folded card on YouTube and came across this video. I thought it was really cool and decided to give it a try. Here’s the thing – I am about 3 years late to this party! This card has been around for some time. There are lots of different videos on it. Oh well, better late than never! My version has the sliding panel adhered to a regular card base, so you can still open it up like a regular card and write your message.
The plastic bag I used for the sliding mechanism was pretty high quality – thick, slippery plastic. And since it’s hidden, you don’t need to worry about the printing on it.
Anyhoo – enjoy and have a great week!
Note: If you are reading this post in an email, you’ll need to click on the post title above (“Wednesday’s Card”) to go to my blog and play the video.
- Hero Arts Happy Birthday Cupcakes Stamps with Sizzix Dies
- Hero Arts Happy Day Animals Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Woodgrain Background Stamp
- My Favorite Things “Say What?” Stamp and Die Set
- Scrappy Cat Letter Stamps
- Stampin’ Up! Owl Together Now Stamp Set (retired) – for balloon and party hat
- Stampin’ Up! Ink Pads: Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, and Chocolate Chip.
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- Copic Sketch Markers: Tree (YG17, YG21, YG23), Bunny (W1, W3, W5, 0), other animal I can’t identify, lol! (E13, E25, E27), balloon & hat (R81, R85), grass (YG17)
- American Crafts ribbon
- Fiskars XL Cloud Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
- We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Ink Foam Applicator
- Stampin’ Up! Slot Punch (retired)