I am still in mourning over my favorite SU stamp sets going into retirement. Read on for more information about the retiring accessories below!
I pulled out my Fifth Avenue Floral set and was going through splitcoaststampers for some inspiration. There were a few people who took the lily and made a stargazer out of it! I thought, wow, how cool is that?? And since it’s my favorite flower, I was really wondering why the heck it never occurred to me before, lol!! Anyway, I followed a card to Loll’s blog. She has some beautiful cards, and this card really struck my eye. So pretty!
So I’m sure you’re looking at these flowers and thinking that it must be hard to do. Seriously… it’s NOT. I go through just a few simple steps in the video.
I tried creating the lily with Copics and then again with colored pencils. I tried it with a white embossed outline and then with black and brown outlines. When I had all the various options created, I laid them out in front of my kids and asked them to pick their favorite. They picked Copics with brown outline, so that’s what I went with. I used a Stampin’ Up! Rose Red marker to make the dots and also to create more dimension with a crease in the middle of the flower.
The stems were created with Certainly Celery cardstock and Copic markers. It’s kind of weird how the Copic markers absorb into the colored cardstock. They actually blend really nicely, but you have to wait a few minutes. If you’re impatient, you’ll over-do it and it will all come out one color.
Okay, so the list of retiring accessories came out this morning (ribbon, punches, dies, inks, etc.). I was eating breakfast as I was reviewing the list and I just kept eating faster and faster!! The list is hugely long. A couple of notes about this list:
- Several of the retiring accessories are already on sale! Yeah for that!!
- While the retiring stamp set are all available until 5/31, the retiring accessories are only available while supplies last.
- All the ink pads are on the list because they are changing the format of the ink pad. So, no worries about the colors changing – just moving to a better ink pad.
- All the markers are on the list. I’ve been told that they will still have the most popular markers available for sale individually, but the rest will only be sold in multi-color packs. The most popular ones are: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery , Old Olive, Early Espresso, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, and Crumb Cake.
- Textured cardstock is being totally discontinued.
- A few other things that caught my eye: butterfly punch, heart to heart punch, and the mat pack.
And now back to the video – enjoy!!
- Stampin’ Up! Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! En Francais Background Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Thank You Kindly Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Broken China
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- Stampin Up! Rose Red Marker
- Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip Marker
- Copic Sketch Markers: R29, RV13, YG17, YG21, 0