I had a VERY hard time coming up with a new card this week. I thought for sure that all my ideas had just run out. So, I decided to try shopping!! I went to a small stamping store about 15 miles from my house. I bought a few stamp sets, but what I was really excited about was these gelatos. I’ve seen other people use them, but I just never got around to trying them. They are pretty interesting – they are the consistency of lipstick and remind me a lot of oil pastels. However, they are water soluble, so if you get your hands messy, it literally comes right off with water.
I saw a lot of people on YouTube using them with water. But, when I did that, it seemed like the colors weren’t as bright. So, at least for my first time, I used them dry. Don’t you love the vibrancy of the color?
I also did something else I haven’t done before with the clear embossing. You know how you can do emboss resist on white paper? Well, I decided that I didn’t want my background to be so incredibly white that it was distracting to my flowers, so I inked the paper first, then embossed, then inked again. That way, the background colors were preserved under the embossing in a slightly lighter shade. Does this make sense?
Oh, and I dyed my string again with a Stampin’ Up! marker and some water. Who has green string lying around? It’s so nice to have these options!
Anyway, it was very refreshing to do a little shopping. I’ve never used that as a creative-block-remover before, so I’ll have to use this excuse again, lol!!
By the way, Stampin’ Up! added 55 new items to the Clearance Rack yesterday if you want to check it out!
Have a great week!
- Stampin’ Up! Awash with Flowers Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Inspired by Nature
- Inkadinkado Thank You Words Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Wild Wasabi.
- Versamark Ink
- Colorbox Blackbird Chalk Ink
- Stampin Up! Garden Green Marker
- Faber-Castell Mix and Match Gelatos – Red
- Stampin’ Up! Black Embossing Powder
- Stampin’ Up! Clear Embossing Powder
- Stampin’ Up! Two-Way Glue Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals