CLICK HERE for a big photo!
I’m so excited about this card – I just love the little Furry Folk animals. I always think about the person who will open the card and what they would think. Wouldn’t this card cheer you up?
All I did was adhere two standard folded cards together. Simple enough, right? Having the pennant punch really helped out, but it was definitely a more time consuming card. And, of course, the most time consuming part was getting the pennants “just perfect” – you guys know how I am about that!! In the video, I showed how to color each of the animals – I used the same technique on all of them.
I also used My Favorite Things Die-namics for the first time. The only problem with the dies in this set is that they are a solid sheet of metal. So, if you stamp an image first, you can’t place your die on top of it. You need to use the die and then stamp it. It’s kind of hard to do. Just something to keep in mind. Anyway, it was really fun to make.
On a non-crafty side note… in the spirit of Lent (I’m no longer Catholic but who cares?), my daughter and I are giving up sweets. No candy, cake, brownies, chocolate, etc. There are some exceptions – fruit smoothies, healthy breakfast muffins, sugar sprinkled on strawberries, things like that. We spent a bunch of time laying out the rules last night. We also put some money on it. If I break down, I pay her $100. If she breaks down, she pays me $50. If we both make it to Easter, we’re going shopping for clothes!! We loaded up on cookies and ice cream last night, so we’re ready!!! I’ve tried this before and failed miserably. Sometimes I feel like I live a double life – I exercise a lot, cook and eat really healthy foods, make my kids eat healthy, but then I constantly eat sugar!! I’ve heard that if you can just get through a month or two, you can kick the sugar habit. We’ll see. For now, I’m just going to focus on getting through today. Wish me luck!!
Enjoy the video and have a great week!
Note: If you are reading this post in an email, you’ll need to click on the post title above (“Wednesday’s Card”) to go to my blog and play the video.
- Stampin’ Up! Pennant Parade
- Stampin’ Up! Furry Folk
- My Favorite Things “Say What?” Die-namics and Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Owl Together Now Stamp Set (retired – try eBay!)
- Stampin’ Up! Rough Type Alphabet (retired – try eBay!)
- Stampin’ Up! Classic Inks: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso.
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Broken China
- Stampin Up! Wild Wasabi Marker
- Copic Sketch Markers: E13, E21, E25, C1, C4, C6, W1, W3, W5, YG25, 0
- Stampin’ Up! Pennant Builder Punch
- Fiskars XL Cloud Punch
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Eclipse Masking Tape
- Ink Foam Applicator
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
- Stampin’ Up! 1/16″ Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen