This week I decided to make a set of cards for my daughter’s teacher. I’ve seen a lot of card sets around the blog world lately – just variations in color on each one and a different sentiment. I like it! One design = less time. Last year I made different designs for each one and it was pretty time consuming.
I used a technique called “rock ‘n roll”. Yes, that’s really what it’s called! First, you stamp all over (the yellow flower), then you roll your stamp around the edges in the other color (purple above). I slowed it down in the video so you can see it better.
I have this new sizzlet that I got from Stampin’ Up!. It comes in a pack of 4 with a bunch of little tags – perfect for sentiments. And I found that the Sincere Salutations (one of my first stamp sets!) fits perfectly in this little tag.
I show how I created the package for the cards at the end of the video, so stay tuned to see that.
Also – just a reminder to mail out those cards to the girls staying in Jonathan’s Place Girls Treatment Program. See my blog post HERE for details and the address. They could sure use the love!!
Another interesting tidbit – yesterday I received a fancy certificate of promotion from Stampin’ Up!. Apparently I’ve been promoted to Senior Supervisor! Um… ok. If you missed this saga, you can read about it HERE. Too funny!
Have a great week!
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Broken China, Dusty Concord, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Spun Sugar, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy, and Walnut Stain
- Stampin’ Up! Wild Wasabi
- Versamark Ink
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Stampin’ Up! Lots of Tags Sizzix Die
- Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Stampin’ Up! 1/16″ Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Cellophane Bags
- Stampin’ Up! White Embossing Powder
- Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals