Wednesday’s Card: 100th Video!!!

Copics on Patterned Paper
Copics on Patterned Paper (zoom)

Hi All!

Welcome to my 100th card video! This week I thought I would try something new and different. I used Copic markers on top of patterned paper. The paper I used was Stampin’ Up! specialty paper, so it also has glitter on it. You could use pretty much any paper you have on hand – three patterns. But, make sure they are not too dark in color.

I mention this in the video… I know this rose seems really complicated, but when you break it down petal by petal, it’s very easy and you can do it!!

I’ve been sick the last few days, so I’ve been doing some strange things. I made my video live yesterday for awhile by accident – not sure how long it was, but some of you got a sneak peek! I try to get everything for my post ready in advance so I just have to click a few buttons on Wednesday morning.

Anyway, thanks for all your support on the first 100 videos… here’s to the next 100!! Have a great week. πŸ™‚

Supplies

Other Supplies:

• Hero Arts Envelope Pattern Stamp
  • Copic Markers: R29, R81, R93, RV10
  • We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

Comments

1. That is just gorgeous, love it stamped on pattern papers, pretty coloring!

2. What a lovely card!

3. Judy I, St. Louis MO says:

I haven’t had a chance to visit for a while and discovered your gallery. I had to check out your coloring on the rose. The entire technique just blew me away. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration, and for including the Copic colors used.

4. Absolutely adorable and flat so perfect for mailing! You’e amazing!

5. Katrina says:

What a beautiful card! All your cards are amazing! Can you please tell me what size the card itself is?

• Darlene DeVries says:

Katrina, all the cards are 4.25″ x 5.5″ unless otherwise specified. Thank you for your nice comment. πŸ™‚

• Darlene DeVries says:

Hi Katrina, it’s 4.25″ x 5.5″. Thank you for your kind words. πŸ™‚

6. This is really pretty. The problem is that the alcohol in the copic dissolves the plastic of the embossing powder. I wonder if it could be done another way. Maybe stamp the image in Memento, then color it, then, when dry, using your positioner, overstamp with Versamark and emboss with black. That might be too scary after so much work, but it might be worth trying. Just a thought!

7. This card is so pretty Darlene. I can’t wait to try this technique myself. I just realised tonight that I haven’t been receiving your posts for the last month, so I have some catching up to do. I thought you must have been on holidays or something. When I say the email in my inbox tonight I went straight to it and watched and realised I had missed all these other videos, so now I am having a lovely evening watching you make your lovely cards!

8. Very pretty! Thanks for the tip; coloring one petal at a time is a great idea!

9. Darlene, LOVE the card! Beautiful.

A suggestion.. try stamping your image with black ink and then quickly, before it dries, use clear embossing powder. The end result looks the same, but the clear embossing won’t “bleed” or wreck your Copic marker tips! πŸ™‚

Thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing your lovely creations.

10. Wow Darlene…this is absolutely beautiful! Such a great idea…which I may have to try one day! Love the beautiful soft pinks. Congratulations on your 100th video! I enjoy watching you work and create!

11. Hi Darlene,
    Just got online to see Wednesday’s card. How beautiful. I really have to get some copic markers. You inspire me!

Have a great weekend and congrats on # 100!

12. A hundred videos! How lucky we are! Thank you for sharing all that you do!

13. Another gorgeous card!! Congratulations on your 100th video. Thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful, creative ideas.

14. Congrats!!!! Keep them coming. I looked at your Zumba class video and was inspired to try it. Do you recommend a beginners video I can do at home?

15. What a gorgeous card for the 100th video. I love how that rose turned out.
    Eveline.

16. Congratulations on your 100th video. This is so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

17. Theresa Lee says:

Wow! What a beautiful design! I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone use Copics on patterned paper. Great idea!

18. Joan Garlough says:

I was just introduced to your blog a few days ago. I loved your video and your gorgeous card. Congratulations on 100 videos!

Joan
    MN

19. G’day Darlene – congrats on making it to 100 videos….looking back it’s amazing all the different techniques and designs you have presented – thank you its wonderful.

20. Darlene,

Congratulations on your 100th video. Your card is beautiful!! I love the colors. Can’t wait to try this one. You make it look so easy. Look forward to Wednesdays and your video’s.

21. For me, You are the best. I love your creativity. Congratulation for your 100th vΓ­deos!!!

22. Darlene, another beautiful card! Great tips on the use of Copics. Congratulations on your 100th video!! You’ve given me lots if inspiration!

23. I agree with Margaret ~ you help make Wednesdays wonderful in Wisconsin! Congrats on 100 videos. Your passion & talent are clearly displayed in your work.
    On to 101 . . . and beyond!!!!!

24. Oh Darlene, this card is breathtaking!! You picked a terrific card to highlight your 100th anniversary!! I love the way you broke it down for us – makes a beautiful card seem oh so do-able!

25. Love the card! I think it might actually be the ink you used to ink the edges of the individual squares that bled onto your Copic markers. You have to be careful what inks you use with them or you can ruin them and will have to keep replacing the tips.

26. Lori Wallace says:

Love your designs! I can’t wait for the next 100 videos! πŸ™‚

27. StlSnowmom says:

Congratulations on your 100th video. I only found your blog recently. I love your creativity. And I’ve used several of your patterns and my friends are so impressed. Thank you for making me look good! And I recently started Zumba classes. You are right, it is addictive in a good way.

28. Sandy Christman says:

Congratulations on a beautiful card and your 100th.

29. Margaret in WI says:

THIS is why I love Wednesdays!!! Thank you for another terrific video and congratulations on your #100!

30. Hi Darlene! What a really beautiful card! Love that Rose stamp and colouring onto the patterned paper really looks fantastic! Love the idea of punching up smaller squares and rearranging them and THEN stamping. Fantastic! Thank you for the inspiration!

31. Thank you for all your wonderful videos. How nice of you to share your talent and ideas with us.

32. This card is beautiful. Congrats and I hope I can see another 100!!

33. This is a beautiful card!!! Just stunning!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!! Congrats on 100 videos! Here’s to many more!

34. Terri (blindstamper) says:

Congrats on reaching 100 videos…actually, I should say tahnk you because I love them so much! Gorgeous card too!

35. Your video’s are always great…love your 100th, congrats. Your card has a real WOW factor, love it.

36. Congrats on your 100th video!! Beautiful card. I bought that Fifth Ave. Floral set a long time ago since I’ve seen so many lovely cards made with it but I have not even used it yet! Too many stamps… not enough time!!! LOL!

37. Congrats on the 100th video! Love love LOVE the card!!

38. Congratulations on video # 100….. so glad I found your blog. Look forward to Wednesdays to see what you have created for us. Keep up the good work : )

39. Joan Van Leeuwen says:

What a beautiful card. Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to try this myself. Congrats on your 100th Video. You are a great teacher.

40. Beautiful card and congrats on your 100th video!

41. Congratulation on your 100th video!!! Well done! You should be very proud of yourself. I love this so pretty and feminine.

42. Kathy Rittler says:

congratulations. 100 vidoes is quite a feat. You are so talented and I am so glad I found your site.

43. Wow, what a beautiful card!! Love it! You raised the bar again!!

44. congratulations on your 100th card video! I think this card is gorgeous!!!

45. That is absolutely gorgeous! It takes my breath away. I’m definitely going to attempt to copy your idea. Thanks for another great project!

46. Darlene, you’ve outdone yourself again!! That is my favorite DSP!!