Wednesday’s Card: Owl Window

Owl Window
Owl Window (side)
Owl Window (zoom)

Hi All!

First, I want to address my comment last week about CASE’ing my cards. I didn’t mean to upset anyone. 🙁 I got a lot of emails from people worried that they were offending me. I probably shouldn’t have made a big announcement for just a few people who are doing the wrong thing. So, I’m sorry!! I really do appreciate the support that you give me – I love all the comments and emails I receive. So, keep them coming and know that I am not upset and I don’t want you to be. 🙂

Hero Arts had a video by Jennifer McGuire about window cards with floating elements last week, so I decided to try it out. Plus, I haven’t used my owl punch in awhile – I thought this would be the perfect opportunity!

The real time for making the card was about 45 minutes! So, although the video covers all the steps I took, I only show a little segment of each step. I don’t want to take up too much of your time!

Also – just a reminder that the Stampin’ Up! holiday mini catalog was released on the first of this month. You can shop online here. I’m hoping to place an order for myself soon – I need to get that bottle of Dazzling Details!

I’m still thinking about my Christmas cards – I’m considering green and blue this year with a splash of red. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten!! I’ve used the Snow Swirled stamp set two years already, and even though I want to use it again, I feel like I need to move on. I just don’t know which set to use – I like the Christmas trees in Polar Party. Decisions, decisions….

One more thing… I now have a cool list of supplies below – pictures!! I used a new tool called InLinkz. I’m sure some of you have wondered why I only link to Stampin’ Up! supplies (hence the division below). Well, I used to link to all supplies and got in trouble at Stampin’ Up!. Because I am a demonstrator, I am not allowed to link to competitor sites. So, if you have any specific questions about the non-SU supplies, email me.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this week’s video. I have a couple of Christmas cards to show you next week!

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Other Supplies:

• Neenah Solar White Cardstock
  • Marvy Liquid Applique, White
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Ranger Ice Stickles

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

This is one of my faves! So happy I found your blog!! My wallet…not so happy 😉

2. Laura zavala says:

Darlene you deserve another round of applause! Great card . Big fan of you’re magnificent ideas.

3. It truly is dreadful when a post starts off fantastic then finishes awful.
    Fortunately, yours does not do that! Lol, thought
    I was gonna say it finished lousy, didn’t you? Na, it was great through and through. Well done!

4. F*ckin’ remarkable things here. I’m very satisfied to look your post. Thank you a lot and i’m looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

5. Whoa, plenty of posts I am reading through tend to
    be auto produced crapola. It is good to see a
    post which is not and actually gives me some sound information I can utilize.
    Saved for later! Appreciate it!

6. Cynthia Duran says:

Hi,

I LOVE LOVE this CARD! You did a TERRIFIC JOB

What stamp set did you use for the Happy Birthday? I noticed it wasn’t stampin up. Can you please share?

7. Omg i love this card. Will definately head upstairs TONIGHT to make one for my daughter. Thanks so much for your easy to understand tutorials and for sharing your wonderful creative ideas! Mary

8. Cute, Cute, Cute card! TFS

9. i need that punch

10. Thank you so much for the tutorial on the lovely owl card. The list of tools and supplies is also a great help. I am not sure when I will try this to make this card, but thanks to all your help I think I may just be able to make one myself.

11. Your owl card is just a HOOT! I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for sharing with a video!

12. I am so happy I found your site/blog. you are so stinkin creative. I am in love with your owls and will be coming often to see what you have created next!

13. Hi,
    searching for ideas with the owl punch I found your site , this owl card and did it my way;-)))) Thanks a lot for the wonderful idea, I love it!!!
    Greetings
    Ute

14. I love this card and the instructions with the video are wonderful. I cannot wait for more of your videos! You are amazing.
    Thanks so much and I am so glad I found your website.

15. Awesome card & video–tfs!

16. Janis L Ussery says:

This card is adorable. Cannot wait to try making it. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea.

17. Hello!

This is so wonderful and creative! I love the owl punch this and this card went directly into my favorites for inspiration! I have now found your blog and you are one talented woman! I thank you for sharing this card – it brought me smiles on this dreary and wet Monday morning here in this part of WI!

Wishing you a happy week ahead!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

18. Rhonda Miller says:

Wow, I just love this. I need to use my owl punch a lot more. Thanks for sharing your video.

19. WONDERFUL INSPIRING TUTORIAL! LOVE THIS! THANKS FOR HT EINSPIRATION!

20. Love, love, love the window card. Can’t wait for the weekend to give it a try! Thanks so much for the great tutorial. It will be a pleasure to credit your talent and share your blog address.

21. I have thoroughly enjoyed your website and can’t thank you enough for sharing your cards, your talent, and your videos. I truly appreciate it because I have the addiction too — love to create and hope to share when I get good enough. My training wheels are on right now. I also am a SU rep but appreciate Copics, Spellbinders, and many other products that are not carried by SU. Please continue with the great job you are doing — you are blessed with a wonderful gift!

22. Thank you for the video tutorial. I love your card.

23. Awesome!
    what size is the card?
    thanks for sharing.

24. Lisa Fennewald says:

Love – Love – Love!

25. I love this card! Thank you for the inspiration.
    Darlene Z

26. Wow – Love IT!!! Once again you make it all look too easy, but 45 minutes – wow. Guess this would not be a good Christmas card format, but sure would be extra special for a birthday card. Thanks for sharing and can’t wait to see some Holiday ideas.

27. Too cute! That owl punch is to die for….. might have to seek that one out with my Stampin’ Up rep locally here in Oz. Clever use of the scalloped circle punch to create the greenery of the tree.

28. After a L-O-N-G day back at the office from a delightful extended holiday “weekend” ~ your clever, cute & creative card made my day! Thanks for sharing!!! 😀

29. WOW!! That’s brilliant!!

30. oh my goodness… this is adorable as all. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

31. HOOT! HOOT! I LURRRVE THIS CARD!

Thank you Darlene for the easy to follow video on your awesome window card!
    I can’t wait to try one. 🙂

32. I have most all of the SU punches, but have never liked the owl punch. You have changed my mind. What a great card!!!! Thanks so much for the idea. Fran

33. Such a fun and happy card!

34. Terrific!!!!!!!! I love it !!!!

35. Darlene, Your card is so Beautiful. I want to make this card for my daughters birthday which is next month. It will take me awhile I am sure. I love ALL the colors you used. You are an inspiration. Thank you so much!

36. This is so darn cute. I love the way you made the bellies and the tree leaves. You’re sooooo clever.

37. Adorable…can’t wait to try this…

38. I love this card, I saw the window card as you did and I was wondering what I can do with it….will try it soon! This is very cute. Great work as usual!

39. This is one of my favorite cards of all times. You used several technique and different embellishments.

40. Irene Bottoms says:

Love this card. You are such an inspiration to me. Thanks so much.
    Irene

41. I LOVE this card. It’s one of my favorites!

42. Such a cute card! Your ideas are always GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
    SherryBee in AZ

43. You have outdone yourself with this card, I love it! I have CASEd a couple of your cards but I try to remember to link back. Thank you for all of your hard work, I love your tutorials.

44. I just love all your cards… but especially ones with so many colors… and the Owl punch is so perfect to add some color. tku for sharing your creativity with us!

45. Hi Darlene! Thanks so much for the inspiration this morning. I have been thinking about a window card for the HA contest too and you have given me an idea! I love those little owls, I also have this punch and probably need to use it a bit more!

46. Darlene – this card is amazing. I love it!

47. Hi Darlene
    I’m so happy you did an owl card this week as it’s my birthday on sunday and this card may my week more special! thankyou
    huggs Amanda

48. Very inspiring! I’m so gonna make a window card! I bought a new stamp set, with owls, so I guess I’m also gonna use them in a window card! Love your card!

49. Donna Gravel says:

I just love love love this card!! I don’t know what “case’ing” is, but I often pin your cards to my Pintrest page for inspiration. And I ALWAYS tag it with your blog address. I hope that is ok. If you are not comfortable with this, let me know and I will remove them ASAP. I love your creations and don’t want to do the wrong thing!

Thanks!

Trackbacks

1. […] im Wald….. Jammer, den Knick oben hab ich übersehen, sorry, Doris! Und die Idee ist gnadenlos hier  […]