I have been excited about this post for about 3 weeks!! I have a new card (above) PLUS a tutorial. Can you believe I created this card with Stampin’ Up! inks and not distress inks?? The entire card is made from Stampin’ Up! Whisper White cardstock. I am seriously giddy. Only my fellow card crazies can relate to the fact that I couldn’t sleep at night and woke up at 5am thinking about this. Am I right?!
As you know, I am a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, but I use other products, too. If Stampin’ Up! doesn’t make something equivalent, then I search elsewhere. About a year ago, I started noticing all these beautiful cards made with distress inks. They all started out as white cardstock. I lamented the fact that I couldn’t do it with Stampin’ Up! inks. I LOVE the Stampin’ Up! color palette – amazing, vibrant colors. So, all this while, I never tried it. Well…. I saw someone use a distress ink applicator with a different kind of ink…. it got me thinking. Why not try it? I did. The next thing I know I am laying in bed at night awake to thoughts of the possibilities with all those beautiful Stampin’ Up! colors. Sigh.
I also experimented with the effect of flicking and spritzing water, like I do with the distress inks. The effect I got with the Stampin’ Up! paper was different, unusual, and gorgeous. The water not only gave the cardstock a new look, it created texture. Now are you getting giddy too??
So important was my new discovery (I realize I’m surely not the first one to discover this, but no one told me), that I made a tutorial on how to do it. Below you will find my traditional card video with music and voiceover. Scroll down a little more and you will find a tutorial on the different ways to apply ink and water.
I really hope my tutorial encourages you to try this technique on your own – let me know how it turns out for you!!! Happy, happy Wednesday!!!!
SONGS: “You and Me” by LifeHouse and “Ever the Same” by Rob Thomas.
- Stampin’ Up! Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Slice of Life Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Happy Moments Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Basic Brown/Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black
- Stampin’ Up! Aqua Painter
- Stampin’ Up! Acrylic Blocks
- Stampin’ Up! Stamping Sponge
- Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects
- Stampin’ Up! Black Marker
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals
- Black Embroidery Thread
- Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool