I decided to just create a card without making a video, which was kind of relaxing for me. I’m always so concerned about how whatever I do will show in the video. Here’s the card I came up with. The green stamped piece is actually just one flat sheet of paper – the flowers are just colored in and shaded for perspective. And the entire card was made using all white paper! It was so fun to make this card – I used a lot of different techniques and products. I listed everything here in order and added links to helpful sites and products.
- I created the base of the white card using PaperTrey Ink White paper. I applied Antique Linen distress ink and then used Walnut Stain around the edges.
- I applied Barn Door, Fired Brick, and Walnut Stain distress inks to more PaperTrey Ink White paper to create the red layer.
- Now, for the flower piece… I used the Hero Arts Floral Garden cling stamp and the Hero Arts Friend Definition background stamp. I applied Peeled Paint ink to the Floral Garden stamp, then applied Walnut Stain to the Friend Definition stamp. I “kissed” them together, then stamped the Floral Garden onto the paper. You can learn more about kissing in this Hero Arts Kissing Technique page and video.
- I then colored the flowers in using Copic markers – 3 yellows, 3 reds, and 3 violets.
- I used the “Trick of the Eye” technique to shade around the flowers for perspective with my Prismacolor colored pencils in chocolate and sienna beige.
- I used the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser to physically distress the edges of this piece, then applied Walnut Stain to the distressed part of the paper.
- I applied Platinum Liquid Pearls in little dots to the center of each flower. Let dry overnight!
- I stamped The Paper Company Studio Thank You stamp using Colorbox Dark Brown Chalk Ink because chalk works way better on these clear stamps.
- I used my Stampin’ Up! XL Decorative Label Punch to punch out the Thank You, then used Antique Linen and Walnut Stains inks on it. I used beige embroidery thread for the side strings
Hope you like!